JOB TITLE: Machine Shop Machinist C, FIRST SHIFT
This position is an entry level position to learn machine set-up, layout, and operational procedures for a
variety of Machine Shop equipment, including but not limited to the CNC Lathe or Mill, drill press, saw, etc.,
for machining a variety of parts.
- Be able to set-up and operate various machines in the department.
- Must be able to read prints and do layout work.
- Verify that parts produced meet the specifications of the customers drawing.
- Keep up with paperwork and logging of information into GSS to account for time on jobs and quantities
run and/or scrapped.
- Perform Miscellaneous duties as the job requires or as assigned by management.
- Help in other departments as needed.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-4 years experience in a machine shop, or in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
- ISO-9000 Implementation
- CNC Programming
- OSHA Compliance
- Departmental Training as required
- Training on Global Shop Solutions.
- Familiar with a wide variety of Machine Shop equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to understand and follow all instructions given.
- Posses good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively use and read precision measuring instruments (calipers, micrometers, etc.).
- Familiarity with CNC programming preferred.
Operation of machinery in this department requires the use of proper PPE and Safety Procedures.